rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would you introduce a FWB to your family?

Would you introduce a FWB to your family?

Ok - so here's what's happening.

My dad and his wife are travelling to see me from interstate this weekend, as they haven't seen me since Christmas.

When I was speaking to my dad a couple of months ago, I revealed over the phone that I was in the middle of dinner with a female friend (he got the gist). My dad is one of those guys that kind of revels in the fact that I'm dating hot and younger women - I guess it's a case of living vicariously through his son, since he would most likely not stray at his age (but honestly, idk).

Anyway, fast forward to last week. He tells me they're coming, and would like me to organise a restaurant booking. He asks me about my girl, seeing if we're still dating - I say yes. He seems enthusiastic to meet her, and implies that I should bring her out for dinner, to which I kind of agreed to. He knows that I've been dating women on a short term basis recently, so wouldn't have a preconceived notion that she's an LTR prospect.

Also, I'll state the nature of this FWB situation. We see each other once or twice a week. Text every day or every other day. Sometimes, she'll sleep over (maybe one out of three occasions). I wine and dine her once a fortnight. She understands and accepts that I see other women, and I don't care or think about what she does in her spare time.

I decided that I probably should bring her along (which she's agreed to without any coercion), as I don't feel there's much harm in me introducing her to my family, even if it is most likely a short term relationship. Like I said, my dad will get a kick out of it, as she's a hot little Asian, so will be a bit of a novelty as he's a country dude (we're Anglo). My dad's wife is pretty relaxed too, and won't be concerned.

I guess there's a small part of me that thinks I shouldn't be introducing her to my family, but overall, like I've said, I don't think it's too much of a big deal.

TL;DR - Would you introduce a FWB to your family?

Further info:

Since I’m recently divorced, he knows I’m just sampling chicks at the moment, so no explanation necessary about the relationship.

There is no prior behaviour that would suggest a lock-down move from this girl, and I have indicated that the meet is more about me not going stag than me changing gears and going into serious mode. She’s a lot younger than me, and is just “sampling” too.

She has been the only regular chick over the last few months. I’ve slept with others (mostly ONS, some a few times) over that period, but she has been the mainstay.

Messages In This Thread