rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Family business

Family business

My take on this is that it completely depends upon what field this business is in. For example if your family business is in landline phones when the trend it towards that of mobile devices now, you're gonna have a bad time. However, if the business is timeless (maintenance, trades, production, etc.) the field WILL change, but the degree of change is far less drastic, and in my case, boilers and mechanical rooms have not really changed since the 80s. I feel like it also depends on the drive of the individuals of the generations. If your dad took the business and made it better than when grandpa had control, you should also aim to make it better rather than riding the wave. There is a saying that a real man makes his own wealth, so if he inherits a million dollars, he makes it into five million.

As Baldwin said above, this is hardly considered a problem. You have an opportunity to learn the ropes and use those ropes to bring in even more wealth, I sure as hell wouldn't take it as an issue opposed to a chance to prove yourself. Of course, its has to be something you want to do, and if its not, then get out. If the company is small, expand it. Upon expanding, look for opportunities in other cities and such. You eventually want a company to run by itself without you there, and when it does, then you are free to do as you please.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Messages In This Thread