rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tucker Max: My Start-up Experience

Tucker Max: My Start-up Experience

Quote: (02-07-2014 05:57 AM)Benoit Wrote:  

Another blog post along the same lines, http://tuckermax.me/new-york-magazine-on...investing/

He's turned into quite a perceptive guy. The quality of most "business ideas" is irrelevant if no-one ever hears about them or tries them out.

Quote:Quote:

That’s something that people don’t understand about business–the “business” parts of business are usually pretty easy. Accounting, finance, payroll, that shit can be done by a monkey.

The hard part is sales, marketing, design–the creative parts. The parts where you have to interact with and understand people and convince them to do or buy something. That’s very hard, and most people don’t really realize that is a creative issue, not a “business” one.

It's sad that those business ideas that don't see the light of day or have minimal exposure don't achieve their full potential.

Sales, marketing, product creators/developers are usually over-achiever types with higher IQs and who get paid more than folks at accounting, finance, payroll, etc. since the former is considered "biz dev" or "biz creation" and the latter as "biz operations". High risk/high reward. An analogy might be the old Cowboys vs Farmers thing.

Messages In This Thread