rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

drinking, depression and rapid aging

drinking, depression and rapid aging

Quote: (10-20-2013 11:17 PM)scandibro Wrote:  

Quote: (10-20-2013 10:30 PM)SeanBateman Wrote:  

Man, I'm facing this crossroads myself and I think about it a lot. I find it more difficult to have casual conversations when I'm not drinking. I don't struggle for words, but my tone tends to be very logical and perhaps a bit intense. Instead of just bantering for hours like I can do over a few drinks, without the booze I get very focused and task oriented and my conversations go more towards problem solving or addressing some sort of issue rather than just verbally meandering in a pleasant way. This is antithetical to the type of conversation that works for me with girls, especially at night. I have to consciously focus on keeping it light and breezy. The problem is that I too have that passionate love of booze, so I struggle to cut myself off after a couple drinks or half a bottle of wine. I don't want to be the "I don't drink" guy who can't handle a glass of wine, but at the same time after that first glass of wine the rest of the bottle or even a second bottle looks delicious, and with each glass consumed my ability to not have another glass diminishes.

That post could have been written by me, word by word.

I don't know your personal situation, but perhaps it has to do with the kind of work you do? Too much logical thinking, too much responsibility and too much competition?

That hard focus which brings results in business, doesn't translate to vibing with others and just having a good time.

^ That right there is the description of my job, and the post above could have been written by me too.

Messages In This Thread