rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

drinking, depression and rapid aging

drinking, depression and rapid aging

The weird thing is, I was probably in my best shape when I was drinking heavily (several times per week). Even when i was younger and stopped drinking, I'd gain weight and got lazier as I replaced drinking with eating or just being lazy.

It did the opposite of what one would expect. I could think clearer, I was more aggressive, I would skip dinner and instead just drink up. Now i just drink maybe once or twice a week.

I might incorporate more drinking, spread out and see what changes occur. Its kind of the opposite of what you would expect. I think the thing is, when I don't drink, I get too caught up and overthink things, drinking is kind of a release from that and frees my mind a bit.

I was in Germany recently and noticed that even though they are probably one of the most solid economies on earth right now, they treat alcohol, particularly beer as if it were water. Perhaps there is something about that, drinking alcohol as an adjunct to a productive life.

I am reminded of this little quip I read about in some book:

Quote:Quote:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates:

Candidate A: Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B: He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.

Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extramarital affairs.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt
Candidate B is Winston Churchill
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler

Messages In This Thread