rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The essence of the alpha v. beta mindset

The essence of the alpha v. beta mindset

Quote: (10-21-2013 01:18 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

You are overthinking this, and projecting your own thinking onto the alpha man.

Because you are the type of guy who sits around and thinks about things before acting, you assume that alpha men must do this as well. This is an incorrect assumption.

Alpha men do not think about whether or not they should do something, or why they should do it. They just act in the moment.

It's not that alpha men think up a different motivation for their actions than beta men, it's that they act prior to formulating any coherent internal motivation. They go by instinct.

Well, of course by "thinking," I don't mean that the alpha actually has these thoughts running through his mind before he acts. Nor to I think the beta explicitly thinks these thoughts before not acting. I'm talking more about underlying instincts, habits of mind, unquestioned assumptions, etc. In fact the actual thoughts running through the mind--i.e. the hamster--may be quite different. But I still think I am onto something as far as the underlying attitudes.

Messages In This Thread