rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Computer programming lounge

Computer programming lounge

Quote: (01-23-2016 07:14 AM)XXL Wrote:  

To become a Python developer [employed or freelance] should you learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL first or is it possible to dive into the python?

Learn HTML CSS enough so that you can setup a page that has a form, and a page that displays the results of the server fetch.

It does not have to be fancy, and you can learn enough in a day or two to get the job done. Hell it doesn't even need CSS. And you absolutely do not need JavaScript unless you want to do some client side form validation (making sure a user enters at least 8 characters for a password for example).

so just HTML, and just extremely basic HTML is needed.

SQL - you need some type of database knowledge.

So just jump straight into the Python. when you get to the point where you need to serve forms from a webpage, you can pick up the basic HTML very quickly. Same for the Database stuff.

As an aside: I hate Python. That indented statement syntax annoys the shit out of me. Programs break and I have to go through and look for bugs and look for out of place indents. It's annoying and I just want to wrap my blocks of code in curly braces like every other language

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Messages In This Thread