rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

what % of your income goes toward rent?

what % of your income goes toward rent?

Quote: (10-02-2013 05:34 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Holy fuck, I envy you guys. For me it's 35% (just rent, no electricity or similar stuff). I track my expenses with much detail, so I know that my expenses are structured roughly like this:

35% rent
20% fixed expenses (electricity, water, trash disposal, internet, phone)
22% food
8% health and hygiene (medicines, sanitary products, dentist)
10% fun (drinks, eating out, travel)
5% savings

HCE:

I like how you broke this down, but I find your numbers a little stressful. High rent and low savings. I imagine by savings you also mean investment like 401K or something like that?

Quote: (10-02-2013 08:43 AM)Bill Wrote:  

Thanks god only 0%. It took a while but it´s a nice feeling. I don´t even need income from work.

Bill:

How can anyone have 0%? Even if you own property, there is sales tax. If you live with a sugar moma or with parents, then there is some obligation, no?

I am thinking that there is no free lunch. If not with money, then how are you paying? if not, share your secret to 0% rent costs.

BTW: my rent% of income in Los Angeles has fluctuated over the past 10 years between 15% and 50% - but mostly, with the help of subletting (roommates) I have kept my rent between about 20% and 30%.

Currently, my rent is about 16%, but my income is about to change, so in November, my rent will be 25%.

Yet, I am going to establish geographical mobility, so that is another story. So, I anticipate that starting in February 2014, I will be moving, traveling and finding places to live in lower cost areas, but in those situations, I may be living out of hotels - travel-style, which will change the whole package of expenses.

Messages In This Thread