rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

'Sleepless In Austin' Man Will Pay Good Money For A Thin, White Girlfriend

'Sleepless In Austin' Man Will Pay Good Money For A Thin, White Girlfriend

Quote: (09-28-2013 04:16 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (09-28-2013 04:11 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Speakeasy & Teedub,

We are arguing in circles. In America, if you are mixed, you are not white. Period. End of story. No more discussion is needed.

Plus, it is not cool to be white in America, so I don't expect this opinion to change anytime soon. I met people in MEChA (the student group) who have green eyes and light hair, and they call themselves mestizos. If they are part mixed (almost a 100% certainty if their family lived in Mexico for a long time), then they are mestizos. Arguing with someone who is mixed race over whether or not they are white is pointless and a little condescending since they know better what they are than you do.

Good day, gentlemen.

But what is mixed? Just because you aren't 100% pure something doesn't mean you are "mixed". If this is the case, then we should stop referring to blacks in America as "blacks" because almost all of us have 20-25% European mixture. But nobody looks at black Americans as mixed unless they have a non-black parent. If someone is 80-90% one group, they are considered that group. So if a Mexican is like 90% European and look indistinguishable from a southern European, then they are Europeans.

And as Teedub says, ANYWHERE outside the USA this is just considered common sense. Brazil has a much more realistic interpretation on race. They scratch their heads in disbelief when someone like Rashida Jones is considered "black" when she looks mostly European. Or that someone like Marco Rubio would be considered "non-white".

Speak, this thread has been derailed enough as it is. If someone is mixed and considers himself or herself mestizo, then they are technically right and there is no point arguing. Like I said, it is condescending to assume you know what they are better than they do.

Messages In This Thread