rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Professor of Literature Teaches Only Male Authors

Professor of Literature Teaches Only Male Authors

^^^ Again, there's nothing wrong with having an interest or specialization in one particular area of work. However, If you are a professor of literature who can only teach classes on that one particular area, then you're not a very good professor.

If you work at Walmart and you know electronics, then you'd probably be best working in electronics. However, if the store manager comes over to you one day and asks you to cover a shift in the hardware section, are you going to tell him that you can't because you don't love hardware?

I guess if you're one I the world's preeminent experts on a particular genre, then it makes sense to focus on that genre. This guy just comes across as lazy, though. It's like he doesn't want to do the work to teach anything outside of his own experience.

If this were a woman saying the same thing about female authors, I don't think anyone on the forum would have a problem calling her solipsistic.

Messages In This Thread