rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Improving Sleep, Lowering Stress, Getting Out of a Rut

Improving Sleep, Lowering Stress, Getting Out of a Rut

Any tips on how to do improve sleep quality and lower stress?

In the past poor sleep corrected itself for me, I'd have a few nights of bad sleep, and then the next few after that I'd sleep like a rock. But the last few months, I have had perpetually bad sleep. I'm also at least mildly stressed all the time.

I am fresh out of college, and working an entry level job in a space I want to work in with cool people, but I have good reason to think I'm getting fired soon. That's going to be a big setback for me, it means I'll have to take a crap job, and be on the job search again, for who knows how long. A lot of people I know searched for a year before finding a relevant job (one in their field). And I'm going to feel embarrassed if I have to work a crappy minimum wage job after a bachelors degree. I feel like I let a lot of people down.

I commute 3+ hours total everyday to get to and return home from work, and when I get home I'm exhausted and want to do nothing. Every morning I have to get up by 5:30 AM to get to work on time. I haven't eaten healthy in a while, and I have gone to the gym once in the last 3 weeks. As recently as August I was at the gym 4-5 days a week, and while I never really ate that well, I at least got enough protein and didn't completely rely on junk food.

I don't read or learn recreationally anymore. Just the stuff I am learning for my job, and nothing else. I think this leads to my mood being shitty all the time.

All I really do is worry, and occasionally distract myself from the worry with internet/social media, etc. Thinking about how stressed I am and how much I need to sleep better only makes it harder to sleep. Last Sunday I was sitting in front of the TV and couldn't get myself to watch football because I just wanted to sit there.

I know a lot of people are going to laugh at how pathetic my problems are (and trust me I know they are). But my life has changed a lot in a few months and I'm having trouble adapting to working full time and having no energy for anything else.

Any ideas? Meditation? Supplement recommendations? Anything is appreciated.

Messages In This Thread