rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Reasons for business startup failure

Reasons for business startup failure

Quote: (07-04-2017 02:28 PM)Truth Tiger Wrote:  

wwt, very good points. Sounds like you understand the dance well. Education before offer.

Gary Vaynerchuck describes 'jab jab jab, right hook' to provide several instances of value (via educating and informing prospects, free tools, etc.) before making a sales pitch or offer. It's certainly worked for me and I have more pre-qualified leads show up. I also created a two FAQs specifically to address people who are 1) ready to order and 2) who may need more convincing. If someone contacts me with a question already answered in those I simply thank them for their interest, direct them toward those links and add a couple testimonial links relevant to their needs / application. I prefer they express interest in my products / services instead of me fishing for a sale. I used to do that (and maybe as a very early-stage startup you have to) but am happier now to update my educational resources / blog / create for customers already in the queue.

Making potential customers jump through hoops is a good qualifier. I did something like that when I was in real estate quite a long time ago. I made them call a 800 number and leave their contact details, then sent them a report in the mail and later called them to see if they got the report. It can be time consuming but you didn't need a lot of deals to make a lot of money because I only sent direct mail to specific properties that matched my criteria.

Now I do everything online but may get back to some direct mail in the future.

Messages In This Thread