rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Distancing yourself from family members

Distancing yourself from family members

Quote: (09-24-2013 10:02 AM)master_thespian Wrote:  

You're very right that you can't expect her to change at this age if she is still acting like she did when she was in college(how does she do this exactly? drinking and partying on the weekends and hitting on way younger guys?)

What exactly did she say to you that was holding you back?

If she was abusive at all, or an alcoholic or drug addict, yes definitely cut her off and focus on the relationship you have with your dad(awesome that he is learning game btw)

I only see my folks a few days a year around thanksgiving and christmas, and my relationship is strong with both parents, they just live so far away.

Thankfully given the circumstances, my life wasn't that bad growing up.

I get a bit of guilt because my life was pretty nice, but a lot of what she does is just the same classic blue pill liberal stuff. She has a boyfriend now after 2 failed marriages, but all of that she wants is a well behaved son that takes her word as god.

Her boyfriend is a retired master electrician that I can't really peg. He's a natural red pill guy that's physically huge but was a classic hippy growing up. A strange mix of culture I don't get. From what I know, he was a natural alpha growing up and just took advantage of the "free love" that was going around during the 60s.

This was mostly an irrational break down by me. I don't care, because the intention was mostly to dispense hate.

Her friend's daughter who I know personally is dating this rich jewish kid. They live in Arizona and the daughter is a bright kid. She had some offers to go to USC and UVA but has since rescinded those offers to stay local for this boy. The kid has zero game, but drives a Bentley and has been playing money provider game for a awhile. They're all 17. She likes dancing and this kid promised her a dance studio (ohh boy).

Now this is where I deviate from the red pill group think. If you have the smarts to pursue a degree in some STEM field then by all means do it. Throwing away potential talent kills me no matter what the sex.

I'm a little too close to the family as well given my history with them. I've met with the kid's parents a ton of times and had some talks with them about their concerns. I've told them to their faces that they need to be stern parents and cut the cords.

They refused, saying that, "We don't want to push our kid away!"

Fine with me, I go about my merry way and forget about it. Get a call from the momster and some more gossip. I finally snapped and wrote some petty comment on the FB about how if she went to a good college she could score better looking rich guys.

Well, the group has all garnered together in support now of the kid's decision. I sat back, laughed, and trolled the hell out of all of them.

Basically saying their drama and problems are all caused by their lack of backbone. The family friends have another son who is a classic omega and a little too into his mother. He swapped schools, graduated, and now lives at home working part time jobs.

Long story short, I called them all wimps who lack back bone, authority, and the ability to sort out their problems. I compared my life as being supremely simple with little drama and I also surround myself with people who are smart enough and care enough to speak up to me when I am making bad decisions (true).

I added in a bit about what caused their son and my younger brother to become manboys that have in my words "become cuckolds for their cheating girlfriends and wives, never aspire to become anything more professionally, and finally never want to leave home." They have this thing about trotting out "impulsive behavior". I called them on it and said that is why you all have failed boys on your hands.

I also said that it requires minimal effort to become self sufficient in today's society. If you fail at doing that, then you fail as a person and a parent.

We're all not speaking to each other anymore [Image: angel.gif]

Obviously, there are several problems with me at this point. I shouldn't get involved with other people's lives no matter how close I am with them. The solution? Cut them out and not have people who create drama like that.

The second problem was forcibly opening people's eyes to their BS. People don't want help, just a vent.

The point of all of this was to burn bridges. They weren't adding value to my life, would call me for my "advice", and would subsequently not take it. I got fed up with it and told them all to "go f*ck themselves".

Quote: (09-24-2013 10:47 AM)Hades Wrote:  

You've got to confront your family members directly and tell them exactly how it's going to be, that you're going to be your own man and they can eat shit for trying to hold you back.
Writing them a note just convinces them that they've won, they're so terrifying to you that they can own your thoughts, mind, and behavior for eternity.

I called them all out equally. Either way, they're all a considerable distance from me.

Messages In This Thread