rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A question about the ethics of 'cheating'

A question about the ethics of 'cheating'

So - the other day - a friend of mine got a phone call at work. The guy told her that he was leaving her - and had met somebody else. They had being together for nine years...

Now - apparently this guy met another girl (an ex partner of his) a month ago and fell in love with her. And now wants to end his current relationship.

But listening to all the upset caused at work, one question popped up in my head.

If we accept that it is okay to leave a girl for another girl. And any sane person would agree with that. Then it only seems rational that you would want a 'trial run' with the girl for a few weeks before deciding to end one relationship and start another with her.

Yet - that 'crossover' period gets classed as 'cheating' by the other half. When you tell her about the other partner.

So - presumably. Women would prefer it if you dumped then. Then spent some time alone before moving on to a new partner?

But - there is a problem with that. The only way you can sensibly end a nine year relationship - is to build up alot of arguments and drama between yourself and the other partner. As opposed to just springing it on them as a complete surprise when everything seems to be okay between the both of you.

Doing it that way comes across as if you are having some kind of weird mental breakdown. A bit like being perfectly happy at work and then deciding to quit your job. For no reason. And without having another job lined up.

So - sorry for the long ramble. But it seems to me very difficult to end one relationship and head straight into another. Without women considering you some kind of 'dirty two timing little shit'.

Yet when you break it down logically - there doesn't seem any other realistic way of nexting a bitch. And going straight with another.

So if you noticed a pretty girl at the bus stop. And if you want to pursue her - you expected to immediately text your partner that 'we are finished' before even approaching the pretty girl to see if she is interested? It is unrealistic and silly to expect flawed human beings to work in this way.

Anyway - just wanted to throw this question out here since shit is too real at work for me to raise this question there. I am just wondering if my analysis of this situation is flawed?

Messages In This Thread