rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Are Your Parents Like?

What Are Your Parents Like?

Father is a quiet, smart, very hands on man, that's always been content with the status quo. Recently he's started to try push his career further. Almost always he'll be calm and collected, and, as a result, he's very methodical and logical in his approach to any problems. I have lot of respect for him, but I feel he's let himself down (typical beta) in other areas and probably realises it.

Hard to describe my mother. There's a lot of mental issues (bi-polar, depression, alzheimers, etc..) on her side of the family and it's starting to show as she's aging, but she's definitely still very much loving and caring for her family. My brother now has a 3 month old son, which is keeping her happy and occupied. Other than that, she's paranoid beyond belief - growing up in South Africa apparently took its toll. She was thin and fit when she was young (may have been a gymnast if I recall correctly), but gained weight not long after I was born. She had 2 other children before me and we all had different fathers

As a combined unit, they worked pretty hard as parents and I'm not sure I would have made it particularly easy for them. They spent a lot of their time working to support the family (which I'm sure could have been remedied with some smarter life choices in all honesty), meaning I spent a lot of time in random places while they were between shifts (usually one worked nights, the other days and my siblings had already moved out) and they spent a lot of time sleeping or working when I was at home. Not the best set up, but at least I never starved.

Messages In This Thread