rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ask Polly: Am I Just A Booty Call?

Ask Polly: Am I Just A Booty Call?

Quote: (09-21-2013 07:05 AM)Sumanguru Wrote:  

For those who haven't read them yet, the comments are worth a glance. There is a lot of, "I wish Poly had given me this advice 15 years ago." A LOT of that. So essentially what these women are saying is that they slept with a bunch of uncaring alpha dudes they couldn't get to commit and they had no real idea of what they were doing. Hmm. I've been reflecting for a while on the fact that so many men in our society lack direction not just on approaching women but also on the nature of being manly in general. I haven't really been thinking about how women lack the same insights as to their very biological/psychological nature, but I guess that's an unavoidable conclusion if you look at our current society long enough...

While I think that's educational, I also think that her advice isn't very useful. She focuses on all kinds of defensive maneuvers to "win that dating battle by avoiding your feelings being hurt", whereas the best decision would simply be to "avoid that battle completely by changing your criteria so you don't find yourself in that kind of situation".

Or, in other words, instead of that wall of text on how to safely date players, she should have just written "stop being attracted to asshole game from men and start being attracted to compliment & cuddle game, and all your problems will be solved."

(Of course, she is psychologically incapable of being attracted to compliment & cuddle game, but that is a whole another issue. Heartiste and Dalrock have both described that link between female excess self-confidence and desire for lots of game here:
http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2010/09/1...lf-esteem/
http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/...ttraction/ )

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Messages In This Thread