rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Move From Baltimore to Austin (but work for Sandberg wannabe)

Move From Baltimore to Austin (but work for Sandberg wannabe)

Quote: (09-19-2013 09:46 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

I wouldn't write a potential boss off just because she's a chick. I've had shit male bosses and pretty good female bosses (though I would prefer a male boss, of course).

I'm obviously biased towards having a male boss, but I wasn't going to write her off either. The rapport was just off. I gave an example a year-long project I completed that was extremely applicable to what they currently help with. Her response just came off like she wasn't interested or didn't understand. Her exact words were "ugh i bet you were glad when that was over". When I basically just said how proud I was because I made all this money for the company with an idea I came up with, and that was the first thing she said. I gave the exact same 'case study' with the 4 other interviews and they immediately understood and had a very positive reaction, so I don't think was my delivery. There were a lot of other 'red flags' like that.

Truth -ha! good point, maybe I'll call her up and ask her.

Messages In This Thread