rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Federal Reserve September FOMC Meeting: Taper or No Taper

Federal Reserve September FOMC Meeting: Taper or No Taper

Found another one of my posts: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-20949-...#pid512488

Quote:my stock market 2013 post, early August Wrote:

The Fed won't taper, unless they're willing to accept:
the yields on all treasuries along the curve rising, which means debt service eats up hundreds of billions more in revenues (the Fed can't create the money to pay interest on the debt.)
risking a crash in global markets. For example, when Bernanke announced taper in June, the Nikkei fell 7% in the following hours.
fall in the stock market (just look at how the Dow and S&P 500 collapsed when they ended QE1, hence QE2... then the end of QE2, hence QE3.) See the pattern? And homeowners with adjustable-rate mortgages are going to eat it.

We've seen all this before, right, we know what happens if they follow through. Tapering is very unlikely this September.

I'm working on writing a full-length report starting from the very beginning, covering all technical details, the academic and historic side of economics, organizations, progression of events, definition of financial instruments. It is part of my notes for my novel (my favorite author, Chuck Palaniuck, gave me positive feedback last year!), but I also want to make it a well-integrated resource. There are a lot of great analysts to follow like Bill Gross, manager of PIMCO, and Hilsenrath at the Wall Street Journal, who cover events as they occur, and are influential/respected enough to move the markets when they make announcements.

I will post it in essay format, table of contents and everything, when I'm done. I'm waiting on my order of the Great Deformation by David Stockman, which is purported to be a work that "ties it all together, beginning to end the happenings of the 20th century".

It's become a huge inspiration/obsession/aspiration of mine. Maybe one day if this novel ever gets published, it will be required reading for your kids in their school curriculum and I can run epic underground author game haha.

Messages In This Thread