rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Favorite Bacon related Food Recipes

Favorite Bacon related Food Recipes

In the last six months or so, I have increased my bacon consumption, and I think bacon can go with almost anything. although I am not the most creative of cooks.. I do like to wrap bacon up in Romain lettuce and tomato. I try to avoid carbs, but I heard that there is bacon ice cream, which is probably pretty good and probably better for you than regular ice cream... so long as they are using real bacon and maybe not so much sugar in the ice cream and full fat and raw cream in the ice cream would be best.

Contrary to popular beliefs, bacon is fairly nutritious. I remember that someone in the paleo - low carb community had done nutrition profiles on several foods including bacon, and bacon came out amongst one of the most nutritious for its fat acid /nutrition profile. I did a Google search attempting to find an appropriate link, and the best I could come up with was this below link from the paleo community.

http://www.paleoplan.com/2012/07-19/qa-is-bacon-paleo/

Anyhow, I am a huge bacon fan.. not the OP (I have nothing against the OP), but the food.. and contrary to my doctor's discussion of the issue... and my high fat diet in general.

Since i started eating low carb and high fat, for a couple years now, my doctor has been worried that my LDL has gone up from mid 100s to lower 200s. But, he is happy that my HDL went up from the teens to the mid 40s and is still going up, in my projections, and my triglicerides went way down from mid 100s to below 80. My doctor likes the results on the HDL and the triglicerides.. but he is worried about the LDL being over 200, and i tell him.. SO WHAT... ? WHO CARES? only the HDL and the triglicerides matter... unless you follow the recommendations of the drug manufacturers who want to put every single and still breathing person from birth to death on statins. In sum, bacon is great and good for you and statins are a scam to take our money.

Messages In This Thread