rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women Now Eating Their Own Young

Women Now Eating Their Own Young

A new trend is now forming for new mothers. From the article:

Quote:Quote:

After Julia Rodriguez gave birth to her twins via cesarean section 18 months ago, her body was swollen and she had to go on medication for high blood pressure medication. "When I got home, I looked like an elephant," she admits.

The medication and compression socks weren't working. She couldn't fit into any of her shoes. Then she began consuming pills made from her dried-up placenta, prepared by her doula.

"As soon as I began taking the placenta pills, everything went back to normal really fast." Rodriguez, 42, tells Yahoo Shine. "My energy was there. It was pretty amazing." Even her sister was shocked at the transformation in just a week.

Jennifer Mayer, owner of Brooklyn Placenta Services, who has encapsulated more than 200 placentas over the past two years, says the pills have made her clients who are "feeling weepy," stressed or off balance become more centered and emotionally stable. She also says they helped some women increase breast milk production.

Even though there are scant published studies (unless you count one from 1954 that said eating dried placenta could increase the amount of milk a mother produced, as well as some animal studies that linked placenta consumption to an improved mood), "many doctors have said there's no harm in it," Mayer explains. "If it's helping women, even if it's a placebo, then what's the harm? You have nothing to lose."

Not true, says Harvey J. Kliman, MD, PhD, a research scientist in Yale's Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences. His groundbreaking research includes identifying clues about autism found in a newborn's placenta.

Just wow. But it gets better:

While placenta consumption is becoming more mainstream - Kim Kardashian has famously talked about eating hers on her E! reality show, and a dinner party conversation on Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black" touched on the unconventional practice - it's not just a trend in New York and Los Angeles.

Sourced Article

Women are eating human placenta because they feel bad after birth (pun intended).

I'll keep it short and let you decide if there is a possible future correlation:

It is believed cows get the disease from eating commercial feed that includes bone and brain from animals.

Sourced Article

New cannibalism in pill form? This might be the where the zombie apocalypse begins.

P.S. This would be a great ROK article, but I got way too much on my plate to do it up right. One of you guys feel free.

Messages In This Thread