rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

BJJ fighters did you feel ready for promotion?

BJJ fighters did you feel ready for promotion?

I love BJJ.

In some places it's kind of like a karate studio where certain techniques are off limits. I understand the safety issues but really, you're training to get submitted by those techniques if you don't practice them.

Takedowns are something that falls into that category. Space is always limited and guys don't really know how to fall, guys seem to have zero mat awareness all of a sudden so falling on someone often happens.

Then factor most instructors grew up starting on their knees also. This is a relic of a bygone era.

BJJ is has been going through an evolution since the introduction of takedowns, ankle locks, heel hooks, etc. Formerly off limits techniques are now widely used in MMA and so their is a demand to learn them.

When a black belt won't teach takedowns, I think it's because they don't want to appear ignorant in an area they really SHOULD be proficient.

Messages In This Thread