rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Corporate Men: What Is Your Plan If You're Fired Tomrrow?

Corporate Men: What Is Your Plan If You're Fired Tomrrow?

Quote: (09-12-2013 10:24 AM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (09-11-2013 11:11 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Are you sure about that? When I applied to my last job I gave a contact of someone I worked for, and they called him up and they gave him a short interview about who I was.

If I listed my old job that I got fired from, even if I list that I quit, they could call them up and they would say they fired me and probably make shit up about me.

The company's lawyer would not not hearing that.

An employer CAN say what they want. But it's not worth the hassle. If they put you on blast, you could potentially sue them.

Well run companies do not do anything outside of confirming dates of employment.

Now let me break this down for you non-professional types. The more a company digs, the more by the book they are and you don't want to work for them. Almost every job I've had in the last decade has been though networking. When someone you know get a job and shines, they recommend you. HR then is just a technicality. I go straight to a manager for the "interview".

I've cut interviews short when some nobody HR drone asks me what integrity means. They haven't earned the right to ask an honorably discharged Marine that question.

Messages In This Thread