rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SI FIVE part story on OSU

SI FIVE part story on OSU

Someone must really have an axe to grind against OSU. The fact of the matter is that these types of things happen at every program to some degree and are especially pervasive at the elite schools. I remember ESPN ran a column authored by a 'Recruit X' in which he detailed things like this happening albeit through basketball programs.

Below 'Recruit X' talks about 'after hours'on a visit:

Quote:Quote:

After we met with the coaches and all of that, the assistants had us go out with the players and hang out for the night. They ended up taking us to a club.

Of course we’re underage, but it didn’t matter. The players had the hookup and we got in no problem. We weren’t carded at all.

Obviously we’re at a party so there was definitely some drinking and yeah one of the recruits had a few drinks, but I didn’t. That’s just not my thing, but I can’t lie -- I was thinking the whole time about how many NCAA rules we must’ve been breaking. I didn’t think it was too serious, though -- I’m just a young guy having fun.

When we got back to the dorms, the players had girls set up for us. If you’ve ever seen the movie "He Got Game" then you’ll understand better, but there were three of us and there were three girls there for us. We’d never met these girls before, but they were there for us.

I won’t go into all the details, but let’s just say we had a great time with them and they were saying the whole time that we should come to the school and it could be like this all the time.

Here he talks about coaches paying guys to come to their school:

Quote:Quote:

I don’t know if the coach didn’t think I was really feeling the school or that I wasn’t really listening, but out of nowhere he said that he’d be willing to pay to get me. I thought it was a joke and I didn’t respond, but then he said it again and I could tell that he was serious.

He said he would be willing to pay if I was ready to make a commitment to the school and that there were ways to do that. I was honestly a little shocked. I had heard that this kind of stuff went on, but this was the first and only time that it had happened to me.

Messages In This Thread