rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lack of sympathy and empathy

Lack of sympathy and empathy

Hey there gents, I need some advice.

I'm a little worried about my lack of sympathy and empathy. When it comes to people telling me bad news about themselves such as i'm depressed! My love life is ruined! etc etc etc. I don't feel the need or desire to help them feel better (empathy/sympathy).

Before I had the patience to work out their problems through the feelings as in make them feel good and then lead them to water.

For an example, lets say someone goes, "I'm depressed."
My response, "I feel for ya but you need to do x,y,and z to overcome your depression. Depression is stagnation and that is why you feel adrift. If you have no control over your life, at least get control over your body."
Nowadays, i don't give a crap about feelings and force the point to water. Ironically, it's helped in a lot of instances, but in other times people just want to vent. But venting is annoyingly toxic to me and I don't like hearing it.

Problems are to be solved and surmounted, not dwell on for days on end.

Is this a good path to take? What do you guys think?

Messages In This Thread