rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taiwan, Shanghai, Tokyo, ...: Pondering My Next Destination (Recommendations?)

Taiwan, Shanghai, Tokyo, ...: Pondering My Next Destination (Recommendations?)

I have spent a decent amount of time in Japan, especially Tokyo, so I can give a bit of advice.

I have only been to Shanghai (and Hangzhou) in China.

I have never been to Seoul or Taipei. But I am still going to recommend Taipei anyways.

Heres why. It has a history of tolerance. The Japanese occupied the island for a while and instead of working against them, they mostly just allowed the Japanese to raise the standards of living and bring on an economic boom. Then when the Americans came later, they were happy to work together.

They are not as xenophobic as the Japanese, Chinese or Koreans.

There is surfing.

Good location to jump around SEA and other islands.

I am going to plug Japan a bit though. Some of you know that I love the place and have had some incredible experiences there. But if you have read any of my threads on Japan, you will know that for some reason it has become much harder to get laid there.

It used to be so easy. 10 years ago it incredible. I heard it was even better 15 years ago.

I dont know what changed. I know from Japanese women that I still talk to, is that they have literally gone years without sex. Years.

Its scary. And unhealthy.

But in other regards, Tokyo is perhaps my favorite city in the world.

If you can make some good bank, are in an industry with a cool culture like architecture and design (I was in fashion/advertising) then the place is a gold mine. Then I would recommend Tokyo hands down.

But the place is only just chugging along. It still created most of the newest tech in Asia, but the competition for value adding and manufacturing is stronger in Korea and China.

Quote:Quote:

- ease of getting laid? China/Taiwan. Tokyo if you are in the right line of work.
- quality of local women? Tokyo. Hands down. One of the best in the world.
- nightlife, culural/historical value, food, fun factor? Tokyo/Japan. Culture and historical sights like gardens and hot springs and temples..... incredible. Skiing! Sick. Among the best in the world (and I am from BC)
- cost of living (I already know Tokyo will be way up there)? Taipei. I hear Seoul can be good value.
- overall living conditions? Japan. Then Korea/ Taiwan. China.

Messages In This Thread