rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taiwan, Shanghai, Tokyo, ...: Pondering My Next Destination (Recommendations?)

Taiwan, Shanghai, Tokyo, ...: Pondering My Next Destination (Recommendations?)

Right now, I have less than 7 months left in Osaka, and I'm in the process of figuring out where to head next, likely for a year's stay.

The main question right now is whether to remain in Japan (possibly relocating to Tokyo) or spend a year in another part of Asia. Most likely I would be looking for an English (possibly German?) teaching job. Staying in Osaka for another year seems to be out of the question. It's a nice city overall, don't get me wrong, but I can't stay in a place where I'm constantly on the verge of sexual starvation (for details, you can read through the "Bang Osaka thread). Currently, I'm considering the following locations:

Taiwan (Probably Taipei):
I've been interested in checking the place out for a while, and it would offer good practice in traditional Chinese characters (so-called “繁体字/fantizi") and generally keeping my Mandarin in good shape, plus I've generally heard good things about the place.

Tokyo:
Would be good to contrast with Osaka/Kansai. Staying in Japan would also provide me with more time to improve my Japanese.

Shanghai (or another major mainland Chinese city besides Beijing):
never went there during my stay in Beijing and Changchun), or other places in the Northeast Asian region. Could imagine looking for an internship here.

Seoul:
I was also considering going to Korea/Seoul for an English teaching job, only it seems teaching visas are only given to those who've graduated from Anglophone highchools and universities (Anglophone citizenship alone won't cut it), which wouldn't apply to me. Could work as a German teacher, but most places like the Goethe institute usually want German linguistics majors, or people who speak Korean. Still looking into it though...

----------

To those who've been to these place, how would you say these cities compare to eachother in terms of...

- ease of getting laid?
- quality of local women?
- nightlife, culural/historical value, food, fun factor?
- cost of living (I already know Tokyo will be way up there)?
- overall living conditions?

I'd say the two main issues of concern here are ease of getting laid, cost, and general living conditions.

Where are the girls the least/the most flakey?

Which has the strongest hookup culture? Where are girls the least/most conservative?

Which is best for night game / daygame?

Where is it most common to see reasonably hot girls with foreigners?

How much should language-barriers be a problem is Seoul? I hear a lot of Korean girls speak Japanese. Is this true?

I'd be greatful for any additional suggestions/tips.

Messages In This Thread