rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taxation for kindle publishers?

Taxation for kindle publishers?

Quote: (09-04-2013 01:58 AM)paninaro Wrote:  

Oh, as for getting taxes back, Amazon will issue you a 1042-S each year. You can then file a 1120-F with the US IRS if you can get some of the withheld taxes back. Royalties are a fairly straightforward case, so my guess is Amazon will properly withhold them based on the US-SA tax treaty, and thus nothing will be due back = no need to file.

I'm going to guess the author is writing as an individual vs. a corp and would need to go the non resident 1040NR route. The problem is that requires as taxpayer ID...it used to not be a big deal but now you have to send in original documentation for it. Would you want to send in your passport to the US gov't? No thanks.

Also, the tax and witholding comes from the 1099-K not sales tax I think? 1099-k meaning that 3rd party payment processors like amazon and paypal have to send the IRS official information on you over a certain income limit.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread