rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does America have to many laws?

Does America have to many laws?

Apart from the laws that are common to all societies, namely murder, rape, theft (crimes against people and property) then laws are mainly about trying to enforce a society's moral code.

You say "Does America have to many laws?" I say, "Which part of America?"

I'm reading a great book titled, American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America

Quote:Quote:

According to award-winning journalist and historian Colin Woodard, North America is made up of eleven distinct nations, each with its own unique historical roots....

From the Deep South to the Far West, to Yankeedom to El Norte, Woodard reveals how each region continues to uphold its distinguishing ideals and identities today, with results that can be seen in the composition of the U.S. Congress or on the county-by-county election maps of presidential elections.

So which America?

Personally, nationwide I think America has too many laws restricting personal freedoms. I also think that many laws created in Congress are to support the illusion that every American has an equal opportunity at achieving the "American Dream."

Messages In This Thread