rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Having a goal?

Having a goal?

However often this is referred to in the articles, books and forums I read, I cannot for the life of me ascertain what indeed my goal is, or should be.

If pushed, I would say something like 'Be a millionaire by 2020'. However, this is obviously very generic. Indeed, is a millionaire enough? Should I aim higher? Never lower, surely; for a goal you are almost certain to reach is no goal at all.

I'm not sure, however, that being a millionaire should be my one goal- will it bring happiness? Sure, it'll help. But possibly travel and friendships regardless of money would bring more happiness. Different goal- be happy? Is that not a bit of a weak goal, a cop out?

How do you approach this? Do you have one overriding goal, and strive for nothing else? Do you have one main goal, and approach it with a selection of different goals in order to achieve the one goal? Examples would be appreciated.

I feel at times like a bit of a drifter. Sure, business is going OK, and I enjoy it. But I can't help but feel that if I get to fifty and I'm ten times bigger, employing 20 staff, I'll still not have achieved that much in the scheme of things.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Messages In This Thread