rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Androgynous blob upset by lack of inclusion in ROK's "9 Ugliest American Feminists"

Androgynous blob upset by lack of inclusion in ROK's "9 Ugliest American Feminists"

[Image: wordpressheadergreen2.jpg]

So I was doing some Google searching related to Return of Kings and came across this attention whoring feminist blog entry:

http://havenuproot.wordpress.com/2013/04...ever-dude/

Quote:Quote:

A while ago, I came across this wretched piece at Return of Kings (content note for misogyny and body policing) and made the joke in the office that I was surprised to not be on the list. Of course, I am nowhere near as well-known as the women on the list (except in my own mind). But something kept nagging at me about the article, and I went back to it last week and shared it on my Facebook with a comment about my sadness for not being included, as well as noting that the writer wasn’t trying very hard if those were really the ugliest feminists he could find.

My friends and I had a good time making fun and tearing it apart, and it’s been sitting with me ever since. I’ve written before about how misogynist men think that the ultimate insult to hurl at a woman is to tell her she is “unfuckable”, and a close second is that she is incapable of having children. For men who see women’s worth as either being tied to their sexual appeal/availability or their potential for motherhood, the absence of those two things render a woman useless. Ugly, in the case of this article, is just another word for “unfuckable”, and consequently, useless.

Misogynist men take umbrage with the not-caring. Their expectation is that I will be deeply hurt by the designation of “unfuckable” and I will consequently do whatever it takes to move into the “fuckable” category ASAP, which includes subjugating my own needs and desires.

It usually happens like this:

Random Misogynist Man designates me “unfuckable” because I am fat, have hairy legs, don’t wear make-up, won’t make him a sandwich, have an opinion, am smart, etc.

I don’t notice, because I don’t care.
My behavior toward said man doesn’t change.

Random Misogynist Man gets upset, takes it personally (or something), and accuses me of being a man-hating feminist.

I continue to not care or modify my behavior, thoughts or beliefs.
Random Misogynist Man calls me more names. Maybe threatens me with rape or other violence.

I’ve noticed this in more general ways too. When women center their own lives and the lives of other women, they are immediately suspect and immediately an acceptable target for threats and vitriol, even if that is only calling them misogynist slurs on the internet (see: any feminist blog ever).

It's funny how so many feminists engaged in a passive-aggressive competition for attention over who made the list or not, and that it was one of the main topics of their discussion.

The author seems to want to be in the running for the next list (will this be an annual thing?) but the problem is that only a head shot was supplied:

[Image: smartass.jpg?w=216&h=300]

So I had to search for some comparison pics to get the full picture:

[Image: guillermo-del-toro-pacific-rim-cast-favo...470-75.jpg]

I think I nailed it.

Messages In This Thread