rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Asian Guy Travel Thread

The Asian Guy Travel Thread

Quote: (10-12-2010 01:30 AM)genjuro Wrote:  

Dude, thanks a lot for your suggestions! Really appreciate it.

I'm a software developer working in financial industry, for a multinational corporation. Yes, my company has branches over there in Europe and Brasil. There are internal job openings in those countries which I can apply for. My client in the last 5 years is a multinational brokerage firm. There are opportunites for me to become their employee and relocate to London or Sao Paolo.

To me, I'm a bit bored with North America, want to travel and live somewhere different, experience new things and of course meet nice girls. But just as the OP said, it's important to find a balance in life and I'm not gonna give up my career just to get some asses, lol. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Then that looks good for you. Between London and SP, that's a no brainer really. If you're sent there by your company and paid in US/Euros/Pounds in SP, then you'll be living a very sweet life there. Also, before you sign/agree to anything, make sure they help you and cover housing as that is expensive in SP. Also, are you married and or with kids? That'll be a major factor to consider as well. If you're married with kids, then I'd be prolly be asking them to send me not to SP but rather to a smaller city or other big city in Brasil such as Belo Horizonte or Curitiba or Goiania or Brasilia where it's a lot less hectic, crazy and to some extent dangerous than SP. If SP is the only option in Brasil then make sure they provide you with assistance in finding a nice place in a safer and wealthier area of SP (in the Morumbi, Jardim or Itaim Bibi areas preferably); that they assist you with putting your kids to a nice international school (which are quite expensive in Brasil) and other perks that will be vital for you but specially for your family to settle in a totally new environment where they prolly won't speak any portuguese nor know anyone. But if you're alone and single, then go for it but double check the contract and what it contains and anything less than 100K would be hard to pull it if you want a playboy lifestyle as SP is as if not more expensive than NYC to live in.

All the best and keep us updated and how it goes if you go to SP. I'm sure you'll have the time of your life and you won't want to come back!

Cheers.

Messages In This Thread