rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

You Don't Have to Weigh A Lot To Look Built!

You Don't Have to Weigh A Lot To Look Built!

Quote: (09-02-2013 02:36 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

To be fair, once basilransom called me out on the Jay Cutler photo, I backtracked and admitted it was too far. Yeah Chris Hemsworth has a great body, but I do wonder how much of that sort of size is functional, athletic muscle. They pack it on and drop it off so quickly these actors. I think it comes down to a lot of things really, in terms of preference - and they're all hard bloody work to achieve. Including the freaky Jay Cutler people, especially them in fact. I see G loves boxing, and admires those athletes, so his preferred physique is one achieved with lots of bodyweight exercises, ditto myself.

That said, I do think a few people knocking around this forum do think the bigger you are the more women you get - which is plainly untrue. That kind of thinking should stay on the Misc. I'm not thinking anyone in particular, and not even necessarily this thread, but I do recall shaking my head a few times since I've been on the forum.

P.S Rio, I see you have GSP as your profile pic - he's got a great physique.

Fair enough, and I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I definitely don't think the bigger you are, the more girls will like you. However, for me it is plainly obvious that girls like big and strong guys. I think Arnold's physique from the 70s is amazing, and I think you would get a ton of girls looking like that. However, I don't think it is the ideal body to get girls.

For me, Chris Hemsworth's body, or the Hodge Twins I posted below, are about ideal. Do some girls prefer guys not so big? Of course. But I think you are going to have way more girls flocking to you, than you have running away, with a body like that.

Also, I don't lift and aspire to look like that only for girls. It is a look I like, and that is achievable for your normal man who works for it. I like going to the gym and watching that weight increase each week. Today I will hit 345x5 on squats, which puts me close to a 405 1rm. Something about throwing on 8 plates and squatting over 2x my bodyweight drives me.

When I leave the gym I feel pumped and invincible. It totally lifts my confidence and people definitely pick up on that. Just that feeling of leaving the gym after some heavy squats and feeling like a beast. When I leave the gym and walk back to the skytrain I get tons more eye contact from girls than on the way there, even though I basically look the same. Tight fitting v neck, chinos and some white Chuck Taylors. Yet, girls notice me much more leaving the gym than going there.

Something about it just makes you ooze confidence, and people definitely pick up on that.

[Image: tumblr_ma814aV6lr1r7993do1_500.jpg]

Messages In This Thread