rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fret's Intermittent Fasting Journey

Fret's Intermittent Fasting Journey

Quote: (08-27-2013 02:21 PM)La Familia Wrote:  

I experimented with IF the entire summer, going for min of 16 hours fasting to upwards of 24 hours on some days. I've lost 20 lbs since Memorial Day weekend, and there's been a complete change in body composition. I was also taking an ephedrine-caffeine-yohimbine (ECY) stack that hastened my weight loss on low cardio, high strength training days. I've made slight strength gains while on IF--I think an individual can make significant strides by balancing Lean Gains/IF with Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 program. I say try IF for 3 months. At the minimum, you will learn how to differentiate between being hungry vs eating out of boredom, which is usually the main reason people gain weight.

"Eat Stop Eat" is also a great resource to explore the benefits of fasting and how modern eating patterns have destabilized the body's natural "Fast and Fed" dynamic. Highly recommended.

Good post. 2-3 months seems like a good time frame to check the results and decide if you want to keep doing it or not.

Quote: (08-27-2013 04:36 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Idk I looked sick.

I stopped doing the diet because I couldn't get used to going so many hours between meals. I thought I was going to die one day. I had broken the fast by eating sushi with spicy mayo and my stomach was cramped up all afternoon.

I nearly had to bail on my drinking plans that night!

Like many have said, including Martin, Intermittent Fasting is not for everyone. If you tried it and did not work, didn't get results, or couldn't keep up with it then thats alright, the important thing is that you tried.

On another note, here is an interesting article regarding the BCAA question, it was posted by Martin on his Twitter account. The article is not written by Martin however.

http://anymanfitness.com/2013/08/27/to-b...t-to-bcaa/

Messages In This Thread