rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Military Intervention in Syria.

Military Intervention in Syria.

Quote: (08-27-2013 04:40 AM)Damedius Wrote:  

Quote: (08-27-2013 04:09 AM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  

Quote: (08-27-2013 03:53 AM)Damedius Wrote:  

Quote: (08-27-2013 03:17 AM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  

If you didn't like Romney (and he did/said lots of things I disagreed with) then vote 3rd party. Gary Johnson was DAMN impressive and there was a damn good reason both Republicans and Democrats prevented him from being allowed to debate.

Every third party candidate looked better. I would have voted for Jill Stein before I voted for the two main party candidates.

I think this is the fundamental flaw with democracy. You have too many stupid people voting. I would advocate going to system where only land owners could vote. Basically you have to be able to contribute to the system in order to vote.

Agreed. I would have taken Romney over Obama or Jill Stein, but still I agree with your premise of voting.

The only way for a "Democracy" to work, is that all those who vote have something in the game. The best bet would be to have a system where all taxes are on one form of ownership/income and only those who pay the taxes vote. At the same time we would want this to be at least 50% of society, so the voters are not left to only the elite.

The reason why I would vote for Jill Stein over Romney is that she would pull back spending on military. The US wastes too much money on military. On top of that it isn't smart about how it spends it's money. It's all about corporations milking the taxpayer for as much as it can.

Just one example is fighter jets. At this point they have become obsolete. The F-35 is a joke. A colossal waste of money. Drones are the future of air combat. Yet you have many countries spending billions of dollars on them. It essentially corporate welfare or fascism.

That was my #2 problem with Romney. He said we need to increase how much we spend on military. Just idiotic.

My #1 problem was when he proudly said he would support Obama's Indefinite Detention Act.

Messages In This Thread