rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marissa Mayer

Marissa Mayer

Quote: (01-09-2017 10:58 PM)Genghis Khan Wrote:  

In all fairness, I don't know if anyone could've saved Yahoo. By the time Marissa Mayer came along, Yahoo had been struggling for years to be relevant. Does Yahoo have anything of value, except perhaps their stock portal? It was a sinking ship and I doubt even the most amazing captain could've kept it afloat for long. At least she was smart enough to buy a stake in Alibaba. But besides that she made one bad acquisition after another, exacerbating the problem.

That said, in good conscious she should refuse every single penny she gets from the potential $59 million payout. No honorable person should ever accept a fucking bonus for failing to do his/her job.

But of course she'll probably take the money, feeling no personal responsibility for her actions. Expect a book to come out as well. Something about the patriarchy and how men kept her from making Yahoo into a success, lessons for women, bla bla bla.

Strongly disagree. Mayer is an abject moron at management. She "jokes" about "no layoffs this week, haha". Profoundly stupid and insensitive. That I have to say that in today's day of massive hyper-sensitivity says something. This is the woman who banned telecommuting, in the Bay Area, which prides itself on tech innovation. As a Bay Area native, I can tell you first hand how nasty our rush hour traffic is. Dumb, dumb, dumb. This is the same woman who hired failing "journalist" Katie Couric freakin' $10m to blab on incessantly about celeb gossip. For that $10m salary, you could have hired a bunch of college interns to create two or three TMZ.com clones. On, and on and on the failures of this woman go. Great leaders inspire confidence in their subordinates to come up with new ideas, take bold new directions and challenge the status quo. Mayer is just another feminist clone, no talent and poor judgement all around. Yahoo could have been spun off and reinvented in any number of ways, but her lack of leadership and vision are what tanked the company. There's plenty of talented people who work at Yahoo who could have righted in the ship with the proper captain.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Messages In This Thread