rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NYC Logisitcs - Living/Staying Here

NYC Logisitcs - Living/Staying Here

There are numerous threads devoted to NYC. Where to game, etc etc. This thread is devoted to where to live or stay when you are in NYC, based on my observations of living here for years. Partially I am writing this because I dont like where I currently live in NYC and am looking to make a change this January. The grass is always greener, right?

Since rediscovering game, and creating a much more enjoyable healthy life for myself, I want to create the ideal place for game, be it my apartment and neighborhood. This morning I am sitting in a coffee shop where I think of where I want to be, so I thought I'd write about it.

Also, for you coming here on vacation, NYC should be an onslaught of pussy for you. If you are staying in NJ, or way out in Brooklyn, forget it, you are out of the action. You dont 'commute in' to the city. Save up a few extra shekels and get the real experience. Thats like going to Vegas and staying in Henderson. In between the hostels, airbnb, inexpensive hotels, higher end hotels, there is an option for every price point, in all of these neighborhoods. PM me for recommendations.

I have lived all over the city for years, Williamsburg(when it was a war zone), Hells Kitchen(when it was a war zone), Upper West Side, Soho(before it was a mall), Alphabet City/East Vil, Gramercy, Murray Hill. Currently Upper East Side.

The problem I am having is that going downtown for dates takes a lot of time and money, often a $15-$20 cab ride, or a 30-45 min subway commute to and fro. And then to get someone back to my place would be to say, lets get in a cab and go, rather than just strolling around the streets and walking to my place five min away. The Upper East Side is the closest thing to the suburbs in Manhattan, and I left suburbia for good when I moved here.

I moved here for some reasons I dont care to share, three years ago. I live in a 1 bed apartment that I pay $1500/mo for. Its a really good deal, right where the highest concentration of bars and restaurants are. Its somewhat spacious in a very safe/clean building. I used an incredible broker. I am good friends with my super and his wife, they are the salt of the earth. My neighbor across the hall was one of my clients. I am buddies with a guy that lives upstairs. I am usually like this though, chatty and head up when I bump into others around the building.

I have boiled it down to a few neighborhoods on where I think it is ideal to live and stay in NYC, to set up the best logistics for Game;

West Village - Based on the number of bars and restaurants, the number of single women that live here, the bohemian vibe of the neighborhood, proximity to the club scene, music scene, public transportation, etc, I believe this is the best neighborhood for game logistics. From my casual observations of coming here to work in coffee shops in the morning, all I see are young single women going to work. Very few families. No old people. No fatties. Just a lot of young single educated women who are living their 'NYC Experience', heading off to their corporate jobs. And these girls are more open I think to trying new things, kind of bohemian, but not all fucked up. Its also very gay so it increases your odds. They like to think they are hippies. Most of them are upper middle class transplants that move here to work in NYC. Now, its expensive here. For the deal I get uptown, would barely get me 300 sq ft here. I can afford a lot more but I prefer to live under my expenses, and thats where most people go wrong when they live here. Thats the trade off for me. I come from the land of McMansions. I like my space. Here its all about night game, but if you come here to Day Game, especially on the weekday, you will probably kill it too.

Union Square/FlatIron - Now I know what you are saying, what?? There is nothing to do? But the clubs are a 10 min walk away. And there are nothing but good restaurants and access to good transportation here. And anywhere you meet someone in town is a quick cab ride or even walk to this hood. I personally love this hood. Its the most up and coming area in Manhattan. So many new hotels, clubs, bars, restaurants, gyms, barber shops, retail stores, parks, events, etc. It feels fresh now here, from what it once was. The Equinox there is the best in the city, full of hot young women. Street game here is king. But in the right spots, Ace Hotel for one, night game here is very good too. Prices are still kind of high, but I can get more for my money than the Village. With the right broker, I could probably match my deal uptown on rent.

Soho/Nolita - South of Bleecker to Grand Street. This is like living in a mall. Nightlife, OK. Full of high end retail shops and creative type companies. Lots of out of town visitors. Lots of wannabe fashion types. Some good food. Its fairly central and if you go to the east village a lot this could be good for you. The residents are a mixed bag. Young hot girls, old people, families, and middle aged execs. Not my first choice, but def a cool place. My office used to be here and I hated it because I had to swim through throngs of young women to get to my office. It didnt help my office was above the Dash store, owned by the Kardashians. Real Estate can be expensive, but you can find good deals with a broker. Day Game is probably the best in Manhattan. During the day, especially on the weekend, probably the highest concentration of hot women. The restaurants are top notch. Blue Ribbon is the best sushi restaurant in the world.

Chinatown - This is my obligatory Hipster choice. Admittedly, I am an aging hipster. You wouldn't know it if you met me because I dont dress like it, but I grew up being into all that stuff, and all of my old friends are. If I were to tap purely into my hipster self, I would live in Chinatown or Williamsburg. The LES is nothing like it was, and it sort of pisses me off to go there now. A lot of my old skater buddies live in amazingly big and cheap apartments in Chinatown. They turn them into recording studios and art studios. You can be a freak here, but commute 15 min to your corporate gig. There is really really good traditional Asian, Italian and Mexican food. Groceries and alcohol is cheap. Downsides, it always smells like fish, and the sidewalks are slippery from fish guts. Plus the apartment buildings are disgusting and full of rats and cockroaches. The women are mainly non-existent. I probably wouldn't be interested in a chic that lived there. But its close to where the action is in Manhattan, and you can have a nice pad that you create. This is probably the neighborhood to find an build your dream bachelor pad in NYC on a budget.

Hope this helps on your decision of where to stay in Manhattan. Remember, stay where the action is.

Messages In This Thread