rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Players' Guide to Iphones

The Players' Guide to Iphones

Quote: (08-19-2013 10:06 AM)soup Wrote:  

Quote: (08-19-2013 01:55 AM)Jaylow Wrote:  

I prefer to think about iphones/facebook/tumblr etc bullshit as little as possible. Having a girl check stuff for you on her phone is just enabling that kind of behavior in the first place. I am glad I don't get these obsessive girls with phones problems like you Americans seem to.

You did give me an idea though. If a girl checks her phone on a date with me I am going to ask her to look on dictionary.com for the definition of "boring" or "narcissist".

I agree and would like to ignore them altogether, but they are here to stay in America. It's like going a date with more the girl, and her entire social network at the touch of a finger.

Ideally, you don't want her to be checking the iphone.

When I'm on a date, the things I pay most attention to are:

Body language- is she crossing her legs away from me.

Beer/drink level - are our drinks at the same level? If I'm drinking faster than her it might make me seem anxious. I've actually had girls comment on making sure that our drinks are balanced.

Iphone - is she checking her iphone?
The last one is almost inevitable if there is any kind of break in the momentum of the date. A girl will go to her iphone as any kind of anxiety kicks in.

Things to not do on a date if you don't want her to check her phone..don't go to the bathroom or leave her unattended, or let the conversation fall into silence.

But, even if you are running pretty tight game, she's going to check her iphone to "let her friends know that she's ok" (especially if it's a date off of okc).

You can either sit their and let wait for to finish like a dog waiting for it's master, or you can be the master and have her do things for you.

Seems like you're saying it would go down something like this:

Girl pulls out her iphone (or you come back from the bathroom and find she's on it). You ask what she's doing on it or make some other comment, let her finish but before she puts it away on her own ask her to "look something up for me real quick before you put your phone away." Ramble about how you need to know X for Y reason, or you and your buddy were having a debate about X, or something you and her talked about earlier made you curious about X, etc.

Then she looks up whatever you asked about for you, which does several things. You can have some good chat about it if you picked something interesting, it turns the situation into a compliance test rather than you waiting for her like a puppy dog, and it provides a natural segue into her getting off the phone (note the phrase in italics above). It's also less confrontational than some of the other strategies like calling her out with "Oh, is it phone time now?" or pulling out your own phone and sarcastically play-texting, which have worked okay for me but go somewhat against the easygoing vibe I like to put out.

Sounds like a great suggestion, I'm eager to try this out. Will report back.

Messages In This Thread