rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone have ADHD?

Anyone have ADHD?

Quote: (11-07-2016 11:50 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Quote: (10-22-2008 12:42 PM)X-Factor Wrote:  

The other thing I learned was that those who have ADD/ADHD have the ability to HYPERFOCUS on activities/ideas that appeal to them. For instance, I used to play poker semi-professionally in grad school after learning the game as a freshman in college. I had this uncanny ability to hyperfocus at the table and play some serious marathon sessions, and had the ability to recall hands from days, even weeks, before with specific players. I could recall the betting action on each street, the position of the players, and the outcome of the hand.

But what is really funny is how I can't remember if I had breakfast this morning or not. Strange. [Image: huh.gif]

What I'm saying is this: you have a very unique way of thinking, and you need to learn how to harness your abilities effectively and make it work FOR you rather than AGAINST you.

Good essay, for those who aren't real focused on these kinds of things, here's the brainscans and research, it's real, it's physical with mental, emotional, and behavioral manifestations.

http://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/br...gingScans3

One thing quoted posted added was very good: Some people like to call this VARIABLE attention. They can hyperfocus on some things that they like.

Big Harvard study can't remember citation, showed that something like 90% of adult ADHD is undiagnosed.

Some less-known consequences:

1) ADHD adults with graduate degrees make only half the income of normal grad degree holders.

2) ADHD drivers have a lot more car accidents/tickets. I know that one from personal experiences.

I had 2 accidents since the age of 18. Another thing that confirms I have it.

I just want to talk about the hyperfocus thing for a second. I feel like it's not a good thing overall. From my personal experience, I'd go all in when I do something I like but I will stop it altogether once I discover something more interesting. This happened to me with lots of things soccer, the game, guitar, school... Even girls.

The problem I have is that I can't push through the boredom phase and in order to master anything in life one should be able to go past that stage.

This is also an issue when you're young and don't know what to do in life. I like so many things but I don't know what I truly want because I am disinterested in a given activity once it gets boring.

@Iknowexactly Do you have ADHD yourself?

Messages In This Thread