rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Less Knowledge Is More: Is the subject of "Game" dead?

Less Knowledge Is More: Is the subject of "Game" dead?

Quote: (08-07-2013 05:29 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

It's funny to us this is all old hat.

But there are constantly newbies coming around who don't know thing 1 about it.

They often get in trouble because they're expected to know 1001 things we discussed years ago, and they just have no idea about any of it. It's like throwing someone an American into a room of Greeks and getting mad at them for their poor Greek grammar.

I think the basics are probably the most useful, even though they seem so simple as to be totally unnecessary to elucidate here.

This isn't an exact reply to G's thoughts, but this post prompted some ideas.

As someone who's new here, one of the things I noticed that may help with redundant threads, is figuring out a way to have things compiled in summaries or a better inventory of important threads.

I understand why you wouldn't want to have dozens of stickies, but there's some really good threads that people have gotten repped for, that may not have that many replies or be continually brought to the 1st page of any subforum.

It seems like there's more and more instances of dupes as the membership grows (a good problem to have, I wanna see our philosophies spread).

Maybe have a regularly updated thread where people suggest which ones should be compiled in a single stickied thread (similar to the city data sheet sticky thread at top of Travel section).

For example, I've had friends take a brief look at the forum, see some of the weirder or more extreme threads, and not really understand what this place is all about.

Obviously there will never be enough information for game theory addicts or people searching for "magic bullets" without taking action.

But Roosh has created a great community here, and I think any innovative ways we can organize it would help with communicating ideas better.

Messages In This Thread