rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Targeting Emerging Markets (for careers)

Targeting Emerging Markets (for careers)

Most immigrants, including me, know that trying to do whatever it takes to escape from your home country is the wrong approach to immigration. The exception to this rule is if you are in a country like Iraq, but you live in the most prosperous country on Earth, so trying to escape would be the wrong approach, IMO.

You need to approach migration as a major project, probably the most important project in your life: visit a number of countries, select your target country/counties, prepare, make connections, talk to many people, look for work or set up a business, find out all there is to know about the visa situation, find a place to live, then move.

To give you an idea, I've been planning my move to the US for about 3 years, and before that I was considering coming here for...maybe another 10 years. Then the whole thing went relatively smoothly, though not without problems. The recession was the main reason why it took me so long to plan and execute, but still, these things take time.

I would say don't bother teaching English, just find a real job or set up an engineering business, ideally before you move permanently.

Also, spending time abroad is something that benefits a person tremendously, but the grass is really not greener on the other side.

Good luck

Messages In This Thread