rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santa Monica CA - Datasheet

Santa Monica CA - Datasheet

Los Angeles women are already well documented, but Santa Monica, our most famous city by the beach, is a world unto itself. This data sheet will provide everything you need to know about running game in one of the most challenging cities in the US. And with great challenge, comes great reward (as in mind blowingly hot, high status girls).

Santa Monica you say?

•Weather - Santa Monica averages 67 degrees all summer, and hardly a touch cooler for much of the fall and spring. We run 10 degrees cooler than the valley and LA proper (not to mention less smog!). Combine this with the smell of a nice pacific ocean breeze, and you've got some of the most perfect dry outdoor weather for daygame all year. The only city that can touch us in the weather department is San Diego.

•Wealth - As of this writing, a shack 1000 square foot single family home in Santa Monica averages 1 million dollars, and is steadily increasing, compared to a measly $450k in LA county. While this might be the tail end of a massive bubble market, it doesn't change the fact that many people living Santa Monica are ballers. Here you will be interacting with more entertainment execs, IT entreprenuers, pro sports athletes, and trust fund babies than you can throw a stone at. Not to mention wealthy ex-pats and western european tourists out to catch some rays and live the dream too. Girls here have got good jobs, and lots of disposable income.

•Fashion - Santa Monica is a yuppie, young professional crowd, with a little bit of hippy thrown in. The girls are a combination of Anthropologie and American Apparel, with a small touch of hollywood glamour. During the day they wear long sundresses with either medium heels, or those horrid gladiator sandals. The Santa Monica bro rocks ray-bans, short sleeve flannel, Jack Purcell kicks, or button up business casual for the few who have "real" jobs. At night for girls, it's tight cocktail dresses, but with a bohemian flair, and subtle makeup. If your into the full on hollywood look with sky high heels and tons of makeup, Santa Monica is not for you. That being said, there are more natural beauties here.

As a money city, I have found women respond most strongly to suit game, however a casual look can be effective provided you are tall, ripped and good looking. Otherwise I suggest suiting up for most night venues. I rock lightweight summer suits during the day, which yields improved % daygame conversions.

•White - Unlike the rest of LA which is home to a diverse collection of black, latino, asian and middle eastern women, Santa Monica is mostly white. If you're into diversity, the Santa Monica scene is not for you.

Types of Women

oLA locals - Most of the women you will meet here will be from somewhere else in LA. Santa Monica, along with Hollywood, are the 2 most popular places for shopping and going out at night.

If you know how LA girls personalities are (shallow, trying to be someone they're not, creative types, not intellectual), then you will do fine running standard cocky & funny, prizing, teasing game on these.

The other type of locals are the hired guns, who work crappy retail or barista jobs on 3rd street promenade. These girls will be amongst the easiest and most receptive to day game, especially if you catch them on their lunch break or leaving work. Ask her if she likes her job, make fun of the tourists with her, flirt a little, and suggest a meet up. Tell her to write down her digits on a receipt or napkin if she's working. You'll be good to go for a relatively solid day 2.

oLocal Transplants - In addition to locals, girls who have moved to Santa Monica city are from from the east coast, the midwest, or norcal. They have good jobs doing marketing operations at a tech startup, fashion buyers, talent management, or other creative work/life balance type roles. Needless to say, the men who hire women for these cushy, new economy positions had an eye for more than what's on the resume'...

Coming from the smartest/prettiest fish in their home pond, touting feminist values, earning their own cash, and having regular interactions with plenty of handsome, laid back bros with money AND game makes these young professional imports amongst the most challenging women in the world to fuck.

They're accustomed to being impressed, so drinks at the Huntley rooftop is the go-to here. Tell her to wear a cute dress. These girls love an excuse to get dressed up, so I guarantee she will be there with bells on. From there let the liquor flow, then bounce to a nice beach stroll, followed by a cuddle, then massage. The rest is up to you.

oBrit/Aussie & Western Euro Tourists - Santa Monica is chock full of hot tourists from wealthy western countries every day of the week. They do damage in the retail stores, and eat well.

Also difficult to game, because they are only in town for a week. As such, getting them to leave their friends/family to come hang out with you instead while on vacation usually requires either good amounts of alcohol, or a few dates to "show her around" after she gets an off day from friends & family, who are currently staying at a hotel costing somewhere between $250-$350 per night.

The key is to provide a better value proposition. Has she ever seen the Hollywood sign up close at night? Cruised down the PCH with the top down? You need to make her an offer she can't refuse. Coffee/tea is not gonna cut it. She will agree in the moment, but will 90% chance flake. You need to know what experience she came to LA to have, then provide it. That, along with some dick at the end, preferably.

oBackpackers - The younger, broker girls stay at the hostel on 2nd st. & Broadway. They sign up for things like pub crawls, bus tours, and unfortunately stick to their friends like glue. Invite her & her friends out to Salsa night at Monsoon on Wed or Sat night. They do a beginners lesson at 8:30pm, with open dancing around 10:00. Great way to get them to open up quickly, then isolate/escalate in a dark corner after a few drinks. I don't know what it is, but backpackers never say no to salsa night. Thank me later.

Daygame Spots

o3rd Street Promenade - Know it. Live it. Love it. I have run game in many places, but 3rd st. might be the best place to day game in the entire country. I have met everything here from ivy league sex therapists in sky high heels, to documentary filmmaker chicks & art gallery curators with a beachfront condo, to fresh faced 19 y/o SMC students trying to figure out the bus schedule.

This single stretch of street between Wilshire & Broadway is the main reason I choose to live in Santa Monica. On & off for the last 6 years of my life.

Why is it so good? The weather as mentioned, is perfect. You will at long last be comfortable doing this outside. The sun is shining. The ocean breeze is cool. The size of the street is just so that you can be loud enough to command a girls attention, while not drawing attention from unintended folks. I'm certain 3rd street was civic engineered for the express purpose of running quality daygame in LA.

But the main reason? The honey parade just keeps going, and going, and going. Tons & tons of girls. I literally stand on the corner of Santa Monica Blvd & 3rd, and make a new approach every 45 seconds. (the street light is timed red to green every 45 seconds - I've timed it). Each group of 50 - 100 spawns a fresh batch of a half dozen honeys in under a minute. The street is happy. People are smiling. And "Excuse me! ...is there a good sushi place around here?" will lead you into bedrooms with enough approaches. (about 30 for an instadate). I chat for 3 minutes of regular rapport. Then false time constraint, and suggest a coffee/tea instadate.

From there it's a 30 minute - hour chat. If we're feeling the vibe, we bounce to the beach, which is just a few blocks away. This builds comfort insanely fast. My pad is conveniently located a few blocks from here, but there are also many hotels in the area if you're able to pony up the aforementioned $250-350 per night. Or you could fool around on the beach during the day. If night time, banging right on the beach is also do-able, as the stretch of Santa Monica beach is massive, and unlikely that anyone else will be nearby. Not to mention, sex on the beach is every girls vacation fantasy.

We all know game is a numbers game. What's the hardest part of daygame? Finding a target rich environment. On this, 3rd street delivers.

That being said, do not go friday night, all of saturday, and all of sunday. It's too crowded, too many big families, and there will not be enough lone wolf targets. Monday-Thursday, day & night is the go. Live it, love it, and come correct when stepping to these girls so as not to ruin it for us locals.

I do run into other 3rd st. macks on occasion, but there is enough quality to go around for all.

•Santa Monica Beach - As the other best way to daygame in Santa Monica, there are 2 main strategies. The first is girls tanning on the sand along the water. Similar to South Beach style, but here it's almost always 2 and 3 sets. Rarely will you find lone wolfs. You can wave if you get eye contact, but I usually just ask, "how's it going over here?" Introduce myself and sitdown. You now have a captive audience.

The other way is to rent a beach cruiser for $10 an hour, and ride along the main concrete strip directly on the beach itself. You can ride slow, holler at girls you pass, and stop when you get one who really gives you the eye. Lots of girls running, roller blading, and biking here. You can scope a wider variety of women faster from a bike, and making approaches is easy breezy.

Beach game is fun at Santa Monica, and it can be done most months except winter months, with summer having the most targets to choose from. I'd start at the California incline (California Ave), and it's good all the way south to Venice.

•Wilshire blvd - This is the primary local commercial throughway. Lots of stores, restaurants, au-pairs & moms pushing strollers. Nowhere near the volume of people as 3rd st, but Wilshire blvd will eventually come up with the local goods on a stroll any time of the day.

•Main St. - The most trendy of Santa Monica day game environments. Anywhere between Bay St. & Ashland you'll find a smattering of coffee drinking, yoga posing , dog walking fitness enthusiasts shopping for organic kale. Many of these girls are Santa Monica top tier. It's an expensive neighborhood. Bitch shields are high, even during the day. Go if you are brave, or just love a challenge. Sunday morning farmers market on Main is a treasure trove of hot yuppie talent.

•Montanna Ave. - From 7th to 15th st, Montana Ave is the true home & playground of the Santa Monica upper crust. The most posh street in town, featuring Fathers Office (lunch), and R&D Kitchen (dinner) are not pickup spots, but the go-to for impressing gold digging ho's on a day 2. Strolling Montana ave. in a custom fit suit with a smoking hot 21 y/o brunette UCLA life sciences undergrad on your arm? You have arrived, player.

Night Venues

Due to the lack of public transportation in Santa Monica and LA in general, most people pick 1 venue for going out at night, and stay there. Cabs are just too expensive to keep moving. The exception to this is Main St. which is a more typical pub crawl scene ALA Adams Morgan in DC, but a lot less crazy. More on that later.

•The Bungalows @ the Fairmont Hotel - As of Aug 2013, the top tier venue in Santa Monica. Fashion forward bohemian beach crowd. The place is done up like some kind of rustic nature lodge / illuminati retreat in the woods. The people here have it all. Looks, money, and occasional fame. The bungalows is where you will see local 21-30's women strutting the hard work they put in during the week at Equinox. Fitted bodies and genetic jackpot faces all around. Guys here are outgoing, tall, and highly competitive. They have money, but are wise to game and don't use it as a crutch.

You are competing for top tier in this environment. Get there early. By 8:30pm, the line is already 40 folks deep down the entryway. You have to get there well before 8 to get in during the summer. I make it a point to chat up the staff for regular access. If you know someone important on staff, you can bypass the line.

Don't bring girls here for day 2's under any circumstances. I made that mistake. Left my girl by the fireplace, and returned to find a suave white linen wearing, clark kent looking cat number closing my date. He excused himself, but my date never recovered after that. Learn from this cautionary tale.

All in all it's one of the coolest, hottest bars on the planet, plus the attitude to match. I have gamed hot spots in NYC, South Beach, and others of similar nature, but if you can pull here, you can pull anywhere. They're closed Mondays, but have a decent turnout tue-thurs also, which are the best night to go due to less competition, and no velvet rope drama.

•The Victorian - Looking something like an old south french quarter plantation, mixed with a haunted house, the Victorian is in the heart of Main st and a runner up for hippest bar in Santa Monica after the Bungalows.

They feature live music in the Basement area, with a slightly less trendy, slightly more down to earth crowd than Bungalows, while still close to grade A talent wise. The line is long on the weekends, so get there early. Hardly anyone comes here on off nights though. Leave the suit on the rack for this place.

•Penthouse @ The Huntley - Ahhh...the famed Huntley hotel. Featuring a 360 degree panoramic view of the west side of Los Angeles, the Huntley is an absolute panty dropper for day 2's. Fridays & Saturday can be decent for pickup, has a DJ spinning top 40 dance/pop, and you'll be partying alongside the hottest persian ladies whom you'll never get fuck unless you marry them.

With luck, you'll have a few non-persian 3 sets to choose from. 10:00pm - 11:30 is the sweet spot for conversation here. After that, the crowd gets too sloppy to game effectively. Be sure to take the semi-secret glass elevator instead of the regular hotel lift up to the Penthouse. You'll be treated to a gorgeous view of the whole city. Be sure to tease her if she's scared of heights [Image: wink.gif]

•Rooftop Lounge @ Shangri La - Best rooftop scene in Santa Monica. Ok, maybe it's the only rooftop scene. But it's often a good one. Fireplaces, and a more intimate vibe make this one of the easier places in town to open a few casual sets. Leave the high energy game at home here. Cozy couch seating all around.

•Chloe - Teeny tiny whiskey bar that often stocks top shelf talent. You won't get in more than 1 or 2 approach opportunities, but if she hooks, you're IN for the night due to the small, warm vibe of this place. An ex-vodka bar, they have rebranded in recent years to a wide variety of scotch whiskey and fancy signature drinks. Worth dropping in any night.

•Monsoon Cafe - A mediocre tourist restaurant downstairs, but upstairs on Wed & Sat nights has some of the best Salsa in LA. Quality is hit or miss, but I have pulled relatively consistently from this place over the years due to the tourist clientele, and dark foreign atmosphere.

•Ma'Kai - Chilled out restaurant & lounge during the week. Fri & Sat nights it's a raging hip hop club full of white button down bros & cocktail dress jewish girls. Ma'Kai is on the sleezier side for Santa Monica, if that's more your speed. Louder music makes verbal game less effective the later it gets, but it does have a rarity in Santa Monica - a dancefloor. While tiny small, it is functional, and I have leveraged it into lays. Worth a visit.

•Zanzibar - The exception to the Santa Monica norm. Almost exclusively Latinas & black girls. Every night of the week is touring afro cuban acts, reggae, dancehall, you get the picture. As a white bro with minimal dance game I don't do so well here, but YMMV.

•Main St. bars - Too many to list here. Thurs - Sat have lots of locals out along Main st. waiting in long lines to get into very average pubs, with a few standouts. I'd start around Ashland Ave, and work your way up Main, popping into places until finding one with some decent talent. The lines get long from 10-12, and people hop from place to place, so it can be tricky logistics unless you hit on a girl you like early in the night.

I hope this is a helpful guide to the city of Santa Monica. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Messages In This Thread