rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

You need to change your friends every couple years...

You need to change your friends every couple years...

It all just depends. It sounds like yes, in your scenario, getting new friends is the answer, but a lot of my friends have stayed awesome since high school and are still killing it. In fact many are in better shape than they were 7 years ago. Even after being away from home for 7 years I still have many friends I'm in contact with to this day and still see a couple times a year. Hell, I just hug out with a friend from Vegas the night before last who was in town. Many of them we meet up and its like we've been hanging out every week for the last 7 years still, and many I've been friends with since elementary school. I have very few close friends who have gotten married and the few who have amazingly still like to hang out and have cool wives. Off the top of my head I can't think of any close friends I have that have kids and the ones who have had kids I rarely talk to. Shit, most of my friends growing up were players and have remained players to this day. I used to be the one who didn't pull, but I've stepped up my game exponentially in the last 5 years and now even out pull many of them. I've definitely lost some friends to girls though. Almost every time the girl has eventually broken up with them and since the kid spent 5 years hanging out with only their girl, they got dumped and had really no one to turn to. Life sucked for them after their break ups, and one friend that comes to mind, it seems like his life still sucks even after 5 years of being broke up. That woman completely ate him alive. I still don't know if he's over her, I haven't talked to him in 8 months, but I know 3 years after the break up, he pathetically still had hope they'd get back together. I just can't hang with that, he needs to step up his manhood game. Poor guy used to be the biggest player in school, now he's stuck with his dick in his hand because he was out of the game so long. I see his Facebook and the girls he occasionally bangs and they're easily a good 2 points bellow what he used to bang.

I've dropped a lot of friends for various reasons but I still have a solid group, many of whom are scattered all across the country, which is awesome because I always have a place to stay and a city to visit should I choose to. I've bounced around a lot and had a lot of opprotunities to meet all sorts of people. I think the older you get the harder it is to make friends, but the easier it is to weed people out at the same time. I agree you should be making new friends, but that doesn't necissarily mean you should drop your old friends. Just be selective so you don't have to drop them. I pretty much know within an hour of meeting someone whether or not they're someone id like to hang out with again.

Messages In This Thread