rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Blogs about minimalism and masculinity?

Blogs about minimalism and masculinity?

Quote: (07-28-2013 09:25 PM)christpuncher Wrote:  

Mr. Money Mustache is a goldmine for all things frugality. The downside though is that it's not redpill in the slightest, and forum over there (which is a fucking massive forum) is crawling with white knights and women prepared to scream their heads off at any thread that discusses anything related to divorce, gender roles, etc.

The elephant in the room, that the MMM and ERE crowd won't address, is that most of the discussions take place with a "it's twice as easy for a couple to save money than for one person" mindset.

No one is willing to reccognize the threat of: Retire from lucrative 150k job at age 35 after saving heavily with spouse - Survive on 40k from investments - Wife divorces you at age 40, takes half the assets - Court awards alimony and child support based on imputed income of 150k - Man is royally, ROYALLY fucked.

In that case, I'd rather stay away from it for a while. I have enough to keep me busy with the two sites above, and I guess I'll read through the archives of Count Cervantes for that "vibe" I was looking for, and other gems.

Quote: (07-28-2013 09:29 PM)nek Wrote:  

http://boldanddetermined.com/

Boom.

Look in the archives. He talks about getting ahead in life and the importance of minimalism. You can thank me later.

His website's layout is like Mehdi's Strong Lifts, and frankly, his "friend" who wrote a book about how old school bodybuilders trained just sounds like his alter ego. I Googled his name and didn't come across anything.

He does look like he's living the life though, so props to him. He's jacked too. I just don't like his style. I'll try to give it another shot and approach it with a more open mind eventually.

The other great thing with Count Cervantes (for me) is that it doesn't read like regular Krauser. It reads like a journal. You really get to see his thought process and how he approaches what he's doing. Very different style.

Messages In This Thread