rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Having trouble with ejecting out of conversations too early

Having trouble with ejecting out of conversations too early

I've been noticing a common trend in my approaches lately. I open, talk for a little bit and then, sometimes, I'm either interrupted by some other person or thing, and I stop the approach. Afterwards, I vocally hear from the approach-ee questioning to themselves or their friend why I suddenly stopped talking to them.

First example, I'm coming back from a trip to Spain, and I start talking to these two college girls on the flight. I get interrupted when one of the two starts talking to the other. I assume this is the end of the convo, turn around and go back to resuming what I was doing. Afterwards, I see them in line when we go through immigrations or whatever. I ignore them, not wanting to seem desperate. I hear a comment between the girls: "Hey, isn't that the guy you were talking to on the flight? Why is he ignoring you? What did you do to him?" WHOOPS.

Here's the second example which happened a couple of days ago. I'm at some kind of lounge bar overlooking the city skyline. A girl comes up to the bar, ordering a beer, asking about its price. I open with how expensive the drinks are here. She comments with something like "I know. How much was your drink? What did you get?" Blah, blah, blah. We talk for ten-twenty seconds. An older woman starts talking to her. I assume it's her mother. I close the interaction, turn away. I start checking out another girl to my right. I hear from the previous girl, "That's not fair, he's checking out another girl. I saw him first." She walks away and so does the new girl I was checking out because she probably overheard this girl talking aloud.WHOOPS

I can think of other times where this has been the case. I think I underestimate how much girls enjoy being approached because the guy has balls to do so. But I feel like the slightest indication of disinterest or distraction from the object, and I eject. What is the solution to this problem other than the obvious one of persisting in the convo longer.

Messages In This Thread