rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone got a belly that won't go away?

Anyone got a belly that won't go away?

Quote: (04-06-2014 06:25 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (04-06-2014 03:15 AM)berserk Wrote:  

What exactly do you mean by belly? Are you bloated or is it more like a small gut of fat? Does it disappear when you suck in?

I had a bloated kind of belly for half a year. I was fat, ate way too much carbs and grains and every time I drank beer I would get bloated. I doubt it was really gluten intolerance or anything like that, but I think eating poorly can upset your stomach bacterial fauna, which can lead to bloating. Since losing weight and living more healthy, I have no problems with the belly. I also used to have terrible GERD which also went away.

I still have a bit of a gut even if I have lost weight. It is generally the last to go on men, a last resource fat storage. On men it is on the belly and not on the hips and ass like men, because it is easier to run and move with fat on belly than on your hips. It is simple biology. Layne Norton is the go to guy on these things.

When you say that you have been 'quite active' it could suggest to me that you don't really follow a training program or think about your nutrition. Is that right?

Training program:

I cycle regularly to and fro to various places as my car is out of commission right now. The temperature where I'm at is in the late 70s (and usually is) so that is an additional factor to the exercise I am getting.
I go for 30 min runs (and sometimes mix in sprints) about thrice a week on top of my cycling to the destination (a 10 min bike ride to the park).

I did play some basketball a few days ago (called 21 or American) in a half court setting. Every man for himself. Came back limping like a pimp from sore limbs (which is custom after a long hiatus).

Nutrition:

I generally only consume brown rice and stewed chicken (which I prepare and stew myself). My snacks will consist of bananas, apples and sometimes chips.
I've been doing the chips all my life but rotated the bananas and apples in recently to try and reduce the amount of chips.

I do blend vegetables in my nutribullet (leafy green type such as broccoli, green peppers, spinach, kale and collard greens).

My fluid intake largely consists of water. I may drink vodka, rum when I go out to a club (which hasn't been in a while).

I have now rotated ACV back into my daily consumption. My energy levels are up but my stomach stays bloated during midday and it disappears when I suck it in.

Hope that answers your question.

Ok, I doubt all that brown rice does you any favors. It is very empty calories. Same with the fruit, it is basically sugar though of course other healthy things in it.

I would try a diet high in protein, fat and greens, or basically a hunter/gatherer eating habit.

Keep the chicken, add fish such as salmon and tuna, both taste great fried on plenty of butter or if you can afford it, smoked salmon. Load up on greens, fresh spinach should be first choice and other green leafy stuff, add some tomatoes and cucumbers. Ditch the rice and eat low carb wraps instead. Just some suggestions that worked for me.

Quote: (04-06-2014 08:34 AM)Vaun Wrote:  

Many manosphere conventional diets recommend calorie restriction and fasted cardio, which is a recipe for looking like a girl. Not only will you lose fat, but you will lose pounds of muscle, mostly from your upper body first. Thats why a lot dieters you see have weirdly frail looking upper bodies, skinny necks, small flabby arms, etc. In the past The Zone diet cut fat and muscle, so I am avoiding it.

I had huge success last year with the slow carb diet. Dropped about 10lbs in a month, and retained muscle mass, as measured with a 7 pt. caliper body fat test I get at my gym for $50. Went from a 36" gut measured at belly button, to 33". Gearing up to start again this week.

Try slow carb, get tape measures, stay active.

Calories restriction and fasted cardio won't make you look like a girl, but not lifting and not eating enough protein will. Just get enough protein and lift and you won't lose much muscle on a cut.

Messages In This Thread