rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone got a belly that won't go away?

Anyone got a belly that won't go away?

Quote: (08-12-2016 07:40 AM)Vaun Wrote:  

Here is my plan;

-As little drinking as possible, one a day if I am social. I dont drink by myself, unless I treat myself to a nice dinner.
-Read the book above and try the diet
-Fall back to the Slow Carb diet, which I know works, and is easy to follow.
-Exercise 5-7x per week. Lifting plus jump rope work. Surfing, hiking, swimming, as extras on the weekend.
-Optimize sleep, with a sleep apnea mask

I highlighted 3 things:

1) "I know works" -- If you know it works, do it aggressively and make it work better!. The things that we know and feel and see to be working.. Those are the things to focus on and improve. I call it "body intuition". You know your body better than anyone else.

2) "Exercise 5-7x per week" -- For a man in his 40s, this might actually be too much.. I know that sounds crazy but give it some thought. For me, working out less and focusing more on HIGH QUALITY MEALS and REST actually has a BETTER RETURN ON INVESTMENT versus working out more and resting less + not eating as good.

I literally look and feel better when I exercise less AND focus more on quality food and quality sleep.

Quality rest and food builds your body from the "inside out" versus exercise which builds your body from the "outside in".

1 hour spend preparing large amounts of high quality food is SOMETIMES SUPERIOR to one hour of exercise!

I'm just throwing that out there for you guys to ponder... it is something that I believe in and live by.

3) "Sleep" -- This is the "x-factor" for many older men. Quality sleep is priceless! Hours BEFORE midnight have the greatest return on investment!

--

I want to add two suggestion to your plan.

1) -- Reduce your consumption of red meat and reduce your overall meat consumption.(Except, maybe for fish)

Meat, takes a long time for our body to process. It often lingers in the digestive tract.

Reducing meat almost certainly reduce belly size.

The hard part is finding other foods to use in the place of meat.

Honestly, the first weeks are hard but once you learn to use eggs, garbanzos, quinoa, avocados, legumes, tofu, nuts, etc. -- IT BECOMES ENJOYABLE TO WATCH YOUR BELLY FAT MELT AWAY AND YOU REALIZE THAT LARGE AMOUNTS OF MEAT ARE NOT ALWAYS NECESSARY TO FEEL GREAT AND LOOK GREAT.

I eat chicken maybe once or twice a week.

Fish whenever I want.

Red meat, occasionally.

I beautiful steak, whenever I feel I need one.

2) Follow the Shit! -- If a food seems to be flushing your system and making you shit, Study it, learn from it.. Develop a better and more consistent shitting routine.

When we lose out belly, we literally SHIT IT AWAY!

Remember that.

Stimulate shitting!

Messages In This Thread