rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mark Minter is getting married?

Mark Minter is getting married?

It's important to keep things in perspective. First of all, this news is 2 days old and this could all be a hoax. But whether it's a hoax or not, it puts us through an interesting thought experiment about what happens when somebody goes against the community.

tl;dr- It's probably best to keep from frothing at the mouth.

There's a taxonomy of sorts in this part of the web.

Roosh, Rollo, and Roissy (who has slipped spectacularly) seem to be the most prominent. On a plane far below, there's a few influential others who come to mind like Krauser, MikeCF, and Dalrock. And then you have a handful of all-star commenters: Samseau, GBFM, Quintus Curtius and of course, the artist formerly known as Mark Minter.

In this community, as in any, some people wield more influence than others. This is a diverse group and everybody forms an identity. Roosh has planted himself as a nomadic, pensive womanizing bohemian. Rollo as a married man on the sidelines with a highly analytic ability for framing modern social & sexual dynamics. And Roissy as a wry, calculating, nihilistic seducer with a heavy touch of bitterness and racism.

Why are we here? I think everybody innately understands that women, love, companionship, and sex are a critical part of a man's life. We all have or have had mothers, sisters, girlfriends, lovers, daughters. And though many consider it inadvisable, some of us even have wives and platonic female friends. These relationships are critical to our health and well being, and they each fulfill different needs that allow us to stay sane and functioning. One of our biggest needs is having fulfilling romantic relationships, and this is incredibly difficult in the modern age. I would argue that the biggest contribution of this area of the web is the collective wisdom on the forces of attraction that makes a sexual relationship happen, the proper behaviors that allow one to maintain a lover on advantageous terms, and why it is strongly advisable to stay out of a marital relationship.

Where does Mark Minter fit into all this?

Mark Minter held a unique place in the community. Since our views of relationships our mostly new-founded, heretical, and outside of the realm of polite discussion within Anglo culture, there aren't many people with a lifetime of perspective on our views of women. Mark Minter's role was that of an older, battle-tested kindred spirit who had seen it all - and the bulk of his experiences had been shaped by a dating environment where it was nearly impossible for a man to inform oneself of what was happening. Basically Mark was a living example of someone who was subjected, unconsciously, to the soul punishing forces of the female specie in modern society. Imagine how you would've turned out if there were no language to describe phenomena like oneitis, hypergamy, and the lover/provider distinction. To me, Mark provided us with that perspective- what could have happened to any one of us had there been no 'sphere. He also had the potential of giving us a perspective of what our romantic lives might be like as we age, as Father Time slowly nudges us out of the game.

So there is a sense of loss and Mark Minter's credibility is shot, and he'll probably be excommunicated by means of ridicule 'round these parts. It's one thing to evolve, to have a change of heart as Roosh seems to be doing, but I think most people agree that it's another thing to flagrantly go against strongly announced convictions in the face of what appears to be comically weak temptation. A red pill marriage? Haha get the fuck out of here!

I don't think any of us want to be like that, that kind of person, and it looks like he didn't deserve our respect. But this isn't the first time we've been wrong about somebody in our lives and more importantly, it won't be the last. I don't know about you guys, but I've been wrong about lovers, friends, and family- I've even been wrong about myself. Those stakes are a lot bigger. Regardless, there's still many amazing thinkers here, many exemplars, and good ideals to aspire to.

Personally, I still can't pull a 9. I still can't squat 300 lbs. I still don't like my mother. I still need to work harder and smarter in my career. I don't know about you but I'll keep cultivating my garden: watering plants, planting the right seeds, and pulling the weeds. We've lost one man's perspective, a guy who seemed inspirational, but like many times before, we were mistaken.

That's unfortunate, but I still have shit to do.

Messages In This Thread