rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shameless Facebook Whoring Over Classmates Death

Shameless Facebook Whoring Over Classmates Death

You see this with celebrity deaths too. My buddy aptly calls it "death dick riding".

Guys and girls who couldn't name 2 Whitney Houston songs acting like it affected them on a deeply personal level.

Probably the worst example was when Bin Laden was killed.

Everyone was ignorantly posting a fake MLK quote so they could attention whore about their own higher morality or how "disturbed" they were that people could be celebrating someone's death.

Quote:Quote:

“I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” –Martin Luther King Jr.

Which of course, like most internet trends that appeal to emotion and self-righteousness (i.e. KONY), turned out to be false:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/03/afte...oes-viral/

You also see the reverse, when someone is in the limelight, other people can't wait to talk about how they're connected to said famous figure (even minutely) or how they were personally inspired to do _______ (this is where they conveniently talk their resume).

It can also be considered another example of rationalization since "feeling is believing" for so many people (mostly women, of course).

Messages In This Thread