rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What to say when you get explicitly friendzoned?

What to say when you get explicitly friendzoned?

Met a girl off OKCupid recently. Had a good time on the first meetup. Today she invites me out to this bar that has an outdoor pool. We're sitting there and she says to me "You're okay with us just being friends, right? I just have a lot going on right now, I gotta figure some stuff out."

Of course if Clooney or Pitt comes along, all of the sudden she has nothing going on and nothing to "figure out." And she's not looking for a boyfriend even though she's active on dating sites. /dismissive wanking motion

Obviously I have no interest in being her beta orbiter and will pursue other plates and stop contacting her, but usually when they're not interested they just blow you off when you follow up after a date, or they'll say something like "I enjoyed meeting you but I don't think we're a good fit. I wish you well."

Still, in the moment I was a bit taken aback by how brazen she was in just explicitly friendzoning me. I didn't want to say anything that came across as butthurt, so I said something like "Yeah, sure, no problem," even though in my mind I'm thinking "Okay, so you don't want to do anything romantic or sexual with me even though we met on a dating site, but you do want me to stick around and give you emotional support without fulfilling any of my needs."

What should I have said? What do you say when a girl just straight out friendzones you like this? Most of the time women are covert communicators and you have to read between the lines.

Messages In This Thread