rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sometimes your heart just isn't into it...

Sometimes your heart just isn't into it...

No real epic revelation here, I'm just drunk and reflecting on the game, there are some nights when your heart just isn't into it and it may be better to just say fuck it and get a good nights sleep.

Tonight is one of those nights, I wasn't feeling particularly horny or motivated to approach. When you're not in the right mind state, approaching can feel like a real chore or hassle.

When getting into the game we often force ourselves to approach and psyche ourselves out and say that if we don't approach than we are nothing but a "beta pussy." While I do concur with the sentiment that if you want to get good at "pick up" and really cultivate it as a skill set, you need to work hard, keep plugging away, do the approaches, often times even if you are not "feeling it."

That said, on the flip side of that coin, you can't always just slip a switch and expect yourself to be on and in the zone. Tonight was one of those nights, while the scene was weak (as it usually is, especially in the summer time), there were still some decent "prospects" that I could have approached.

But, my heart simply wasn't in it, I decided it would be better to be true to myself and do what my instinct was telling me, which was to not get too drunk, to go home early and get a good nights sleep. Maybe if I stuck it out and forced myself to approach I'd be getting laid right now, instead of typing this, but it would have been forced.

I think sometimes it's better to not force yourself to do something, even if it's something that will result in a thing you really enjoy, like having sex. I knew that any approach I would have made, would have been for the sake of the approach, and not something that I genuinely would want to do.

Forgive me, if this post was a waste of your precious time, or devolved into a rant. I guess the point is, don't force yourself to do the approach unless you really want it, sometimes it's better to just go home without anything to show for it. There are times when you will need to fight through the trenches to receive your glory. But there may be other times when you'd rather go home early, cuddle up in bed with your pet cat, and just have a restful, peaceful nights sleep.

Messages In This Thread